SPCA Kota Kinabalu promotes commitment to and respect for all animals and to free them from suffering, abuse and exploitation by:
- Assisting abused animals and encouraging responsible animal care.
- Providing information, assistance and advisory service in the proper care of animals.
- Educating the public and schoolchildren through informative articles, talks and visits.
- Organizing discussions, dialogues, seminars, exhibitions and relevant activities emphasizing on responsibility toward animals.
- Cooperating with veterinarians in providing guidelines for the proper care of animals.
- Encouraging new members to join SPCA Kota Kinabalu via an active membership programme.
- Supporting the government's latest system on animal control and enforcement.
- Supporting the welfare of animals.
- Supporting relevant laws and regulations on animal care and enforcement.
- Discouraging the sale of animals by unlicensed pet breeders and the consumption of cat and dog meat as food.